In January 2014, my friend and I spent a month in Thailand. We were in Bangkok for a few days, in Ko Chang island for a week, and two weeks in Chiang Mai. We stayed at friends’ places, a few guesthouses, in a tent, and on farm stays.
At the time we were in Thailand, $1.00 US =30 Thai Baht. All of these costs are in US dollars.
- Free: 7 nights accommodation with two friends who lived close to the BTS (Bangkok Train Station) station.
- $20.00 per person (split 3 ways): 3 nights at Nasa Vegas hotel. You have to pay extra for internet. But there is an internet cafe across the street and you can get unlimited internet for a day for about $5.
- $0.50 to $1.50: Each BTS train station trip in Bangkok.
- $1.50: Train from the airport to the BTS .
- $0.30: Each trip on the public busses.
KO CHANG ISLAND
- $60.00: Total price for two people at Garden Lodge for 4 nights. The price included Wi-Fi, free water from a filter and a full kitchen to use. The price includes $0.30 per cup of coffee and tea.
- $3.30 per person for one night on the beach in the tent.
- $2.50 per person per night for three nights at a treehouse on the beach. The owner was so nice and made a full BBQ for us with delicious fresh fish for free.
- $1.00 to $5 per meal.
- $70.00 for having a scooter for 6 days in Ko Chang. My friend and I split this in half so it costed me $35 for the 6 days.
- $4.00: per person per night for three nights with VR guesthouse.
- Free: One night free with a friend.
- $3.30: shuttle ride from Chiang Mai to Mindful Farm, a vegetarian farm that integrates.
- Free: scooters for two days from a friend.
- $7.00 per day for accommodation and meals for three meals a day for three days.
Mae Hong Son mountain loop
Aside from meals and accommodation, my friend and I divided everything in two.
- $73.00 (split 2 ways): 200 cc Honda Phantom rental for four days.
- $8.00 (well worth it): Mae Hong Son Map.
- $6.00 (split 2 ways): Entry fee for waterfalls and geysers.
- $10.00 per person: Tacomepai farm homestay for accommodation and three meals a day ($3.33 per person per night for accommodation and $1.67 per day for three meals a day)
- $20.00: 91 grade gas to travel 600 km (split 2 ways)
- $5.00: One night stay in a village guesthouse including water
- $1.00 to $5.00 per meal for three days.
Total cost per person in Mae Hong Son: $96 for four days
Total cost for one month in Thailand: $463